Welcome to SitDropStay
Dog Training Melbourne
We offer in home and private dog behaviour, puppy training and dog training in Melbourne using a simple, natural and profound approach. Experience the magic of a professional dog whisperer.
Rod was brilliant. His advice was spot on and the training tips he gave worked from the get go. – M. Wells
Welcome To SitDropStay Dog Training Melbourne!
SitDropStay Dog Training Melbourne exclusively offers lifestyle based, in-home and private dog behaviour training, dog training, puppy training and rehabilitation services throughout the Melbourne metro area.
We are privileged to have Rod Sinclair as our specialist dog trainer. Rod was welcomed to our Sitdropstay team in 2017. Since then he has successfully helped hundreds of dog owners reach their training and relationship goals. Rod is an experienced and passionate dog behaviour and training expert and is available for both in-home and private dog training consults.
Whether you have a new puppy or an older dog, Rod can help you achieve your goals. He can assist with general training, settings rules and boundaries, anxiety, dog aggression, not listening, people aggression, pulling, jumping, biting, recall and off leash training. And you can go as far as you like, at a pace you are confortable with.
About SitDropStay Melbourne.
Our ongoing success is largely due to our unique holistic and psychology/dog whisperer based approach, and delivering hands on, highly effective and flexible training sessions.
These initial, 2-2.5 hour sessions are priced at $350. You can include as many family members as you like at a time that suits you. Added to this is the convenience of our dog trainer coming to your home, workplace, park, beach or cafe. It is important to us that we help you find and implement easy and effective solutions that you can immediately implement into your current lifestyle.
After your initial consult we then offer 1 hour follow up consults at $150. We can polish up and refine whatever is still needing attention and offer more advanced dog training as required.
How We Work
After an initial phone or email conversation, your local trainer will come to your home or anywhere else you require help. Here we will conduct a 2 hour, hands on personalised consultation. This consult will be based on your specific needs. We will make an assessment of your dogs temperament and behaviour. Then you tell us what behaviour you would like to change or improve. Training will based on creating the dog and behaviour you want.
You will be surprised and impressed at the changes in your dog’s behaviour. Our dog training approach is easy to implement and we believe is the most effective available. No treats or clickers. Just you and your dog and natural communication.
Here is why we believe we can give you the best experience:
- All of our specialists have been chosen and trained personally by our head trainer and director George Lygidakis
- Our focus is on coaching YOU the owner. This means that we educate and empower you to be in the best position to influence your dog in the future
- We will explain why your dog is acting the way she/he is so you understand what I happening and can be part of the solution
- Psychology based approach – so you can achieve willing cooperation and a dog who actively wants your approval. This eliminates the need to rely on food rewards to get your dog to listen to you
- You will understand why the state of mind your dog is in is more important than their physical actions
- We don’t train in ‘drive”’or ‘high energy’ as this is usually counterproductive for a family dog in most situations
- Our dog training is personalised and based on your dog’s specific needs and temperament. No ‘one size fits all’
- There is no unnecessary training that you don’t want, need or will never use in your day to day life
- Leadership, creating healthy relationships and connection are emphasised as powerful tools that can profoundly alter your dog’s perception of you and their resulting behaviour and attitude
Your Local Dog Trainers
Your local SitDropStay Dog Training Melbourne training specialists
Rod SinclairMy parents would never let me have a dog, despite me asking again and again. Then one day, at 10 years of age, I came home with a puppy, determined to care for him myself, and the rest is history. In a strange twist of fate, my father became a senior officer of the Victorian Police Dog Squad; time spent with these animals nurtured what would become a lifelong passion and affinity for dogs. Life has taken me on many adventures and career paths both in Australia and internationally, including several years working as a massage therapist in conjunction with a renowned doctor of natural therapies, when I found a natural ability for communicating with a wide variety of people on intellectual, emotional and spiritual levels. I’ve always felt that you need to have faith in your journey. Fortunately, my journey bought me to George, who has given me the opportunity to do what I love everyday – help people and their dogs. Read more about Rod
Hi, I’m Dimitri and I am stoked to represent Sit Drop Stay in Melbourne’s Southern Suburbs.
How I ended up here is a little different from the rest of the Sit Drop Stay team. I had always felt an affinity for dogs, however, when I was growing up, our family dogs lived outside. Whenever my parents couldn’t find me and whenever possible, I was usually outside with the dogs. But, I certainly never pictured myself working with dogs.Read more about Dimitri
Get in contact
Fill out the form below and we will be in contact to discuss how SitDropStay can help you have a more rewarding relationship with your dog.