Welcome to the wonderful world of puppy ownership!
At SitDropStay Puppy Training we believe your new puppy requires a mixture of leadership, love, affection, play, stimulation and socialisation, as well as clear boundaries and rules to grow into a happy, calm and balanced adult. Your behaviour over the next few weeks is critical to both your puppy’s development and your relationship with them.
Personalised puppy training gets results
From years of experience, we find that in-home personalised puppy training consistently gives superior results compared to group puppy classes. This is why we now only offer one-on-one training. Puppy school is usually good fun for both of you and does offer your pup valuable exposure to other puppies/people but they should be regarded as a social outlet that is complimentary to, not a substitute for, behavioural and lifestyle training.
We believe puppy school training doesn’t give you adequate knowledge or to teach your dog how to behave at home, learn boundaries or build self-control, respect and trust. Let’s not forget, puppies learn how to be calm and well-mannered from older dogs or their guardians (you), not other puppies.
We are Dog Behaviour Specialists
- You are in control each step of the way and get to decide how YOU want your dog to fit into your lifestyle.
- Personalised consults are tailored to your puppy’s specific personality traits, habits and temperament.
- You will be empowered to become a loving leader and have influence over your dog’s behaviour in all situations.
- You will be shown how to fulfil your dog’s true needs and create a more rewarding relationship with them.
- Our natural methods go beyond the need for harsh corrections, throwing chains, food rewards or clicker training.
- As we come to you, we are able to address your specific needs and issues at their source.
We believe we are Australia’s most effective and progressive puppy training company and look forward to helping you.
Contact us now for a FREE 10min phone consultation
Our behaviour specialists are available on weekdays and weekends.
How We Work
At SitDropStay puppy training consultant will come to your home to help you create a training system that is tailored to your puppy’s specific personality traits, habits and temperament. You are in control each step of the way and get to decide how YOU want your dog to fit into your lifestyle.
2 Hour Foundation Consultation
We recommend that you start building a healthy foundation for your puppy with an initial two hour home consult that includes general puppy training as well as:
- Lifestyle guidance
- Basic dog psychology
- Toilet training
- Ideal diet for you dog
- Correcting unwanted behaviour
- Rewarding good behaviour
- Socialising your puppy with other dogs and people
- Creating boundaries/limitations
- Enforcing rules
- How to earn your puppy’s trust and respect
This is the foundation of creating a balanced and healthy relationship and helps to raise a calm, balanced, happy and well-behaved dog.
1 Hour Follow Up Consultations
When you pup gets a little bit older our consultant can come back for more advanced follow up consults. These one hour follow up sessions are for more specific training in any area you choose.. You can go as far as you like with training depending on your needs.
We can teach your dog to
- Walking calmly by your side on lead without pulling
- Coming back when called
- Off lead training
- Rules and boundaries at home
- Greeting guests calmly
- Behaviour challenges your puppy may have developed with maturity
- Behaving in public places
These consults can be done both at home or out in public where you are require the specific training. We can meet you at a park, beach or café etc.
At the third consultation you will receive our lifetime guarantee, which includes unlimited call outs, together with phone and email support for anything we have covered in your first three lessons. This does not include any ongoing and advanced training.